Friday, February 25, 2011

it's Ten o'clock... I just got home from work.... I'm hungry.... Lamb chops are in the fridge

it's Ten o'clock...  I just got home from work.... I'm hungry....  Lamb chops are in the fridge.  I picked up some truffle oil at the store before coming home.  I cut some red potatoes into little fries and tossed them in olive oil and pepper and roasted them at 400 for 30 minutes.  Lamb chops, really they are like miniature porter house steaks, trimmed, coated in olive oil and herbs de provence.  Fresh broccoli in the steamer ready to go.  I grilled the lamb and while it was resting I steamed the broccoli and pulled the fries out of the oven and tossed with truffle oil and truffle salt.  The lamb was perfect.  Flavorful, rich, and just the right amount of lambiness.......  The truffle fries are my secret indulgence.  Steamed broccoli, unadulterated........  sometimes you need some simple to compliment the not so simple.  Once again, simple prevails and is delicious.  Always is.......

No comments:

Post a Comment